Challenge#80: Flowers and more flowers
Remember there is a prize
I have tried to bling up my floral cards.
In a fruitless attempt to make a dent in my pattern paper I have used 2 pieces to create 2 cards. I blinged them up with sequins, gold foil paper and glittery die cuts.
Some pretty pattern paper from Inspired by Stamping along with gold foil die cut sentiment from Elizabeth craft designs and a few sequins. Today would have been my Gran’s birthday. I think she would have liked this card. She loved her flowers and butterflies (there is one in the top corner).
This one uses some vintage paper from MME Miss Caroline 6×6 paper pad. There is a sentiment on the paper “start everyday with a smile”. I added die cut flower and leaves (freeby with a magazine) and sequins. I added kindy glitz first but wasn’t overally happy with the result so glued sequins on top!
Hope you find some time to join the challenge I’m sure you have some flowers and bling in your stash!
Until next time
A little dark, wet and cold here in Melbourne today. A good day for snuggling up inside.
Here is a little update on my crafty pursuits – cause you know I have been creating a little just haven’t shared!
Firstly the back of my Bernat Hi Lo Jumper. I have started the front however there isn’t much past the cast on to share just yet.
This is a pic of what I hope it looks like when I am done 🙂
You can find the pattern here
I am using Bendigo Woollen Mills Savanna Fog its 30% Alpaca and 70% wool so should keep me nice and toasty warm when I get it finished (fingers crossed before the end of winter!).
This is an update on my hexie hand pieced quilt. I started making hexies a couple of summers ago as a summer project. It gets worked on from time to time but as there is no finish date I am just working on it when I feel. I am using scraps from some of my other quilts and off cuts along with new purchased fat quarters. I purchased a hexie die so I can cut my own papers from cardstock. I played with placement of the Grandmothers garden but decided they needed white to help tie them together. The colours didn’t seem to fight each other as much this way. This is a long term project and most likely a never ending line of hexies!
That’s all for now.
Off to tidy my craft room because I need to make some space on the desk before I can make a 21st card for tomorrow and a 50th Birthday card for next week.
See you next time
Challenge#79: 1, 2 and 3 items
Twist – journal about it
You can find the challenge here
Now, your 1, 2 and 3 can be 3 different items you made or perhaps you added 1, 2 and 3 different items to your craft piece or you used the numbers 1, 2 and 3 somewhere in your work or……
The TWIST is to journal about your journey whilst making the item in your blog
– tell us all about it!
I needed to replenish my stash of Sympathy/Thinking of You cards due to a few recent passings.
I tend to make basic white cards for such occassions.
This one has 1 Large die cut Flower, 2 medium die cut flowers and 3 small punched flowers along with 3 types of leaves 1 large die cut, 2 x 2 fern style die cuts and 3 punched leaves. The flower centres are finished with white enamel accents.
Hope to see your entry in the challenge
Thanks for stopping
Nothing like a last minute entry! Popping in quickly to share my card for the April challenge at Scrapbook Boutique here.
I used two new (to me from post Christmas spend) stamp sets Mudra Botanical Blooms and Your next stamp Whatnot sentiments seven. I fussy cut 2 flowers and popped them up with foam tape to add a little dimension.
I managed to share a few things with others at the recent destash market, not as much as I would have liked thought. Some of the items are not returning to the house I am planning to put them in a facebook destash site.
Until next time
On my recent tidy of the craft room I decided some things just need to find a new home.
I am attending Werribee Destash tomorrow.
Hope to be back on track creating and visiting soon.
– Vellum or Acetate here
New KaiserCraft EF
I used some cardstock and patterned paper from my stash to make the card base, mounts, flower stems and flower heads. The jar is die cut from vellum. The sentiment is from a new (for me) Sizzix die set. I have a number of new goodies I have acquired over the last few months needing some love!
I have added liquid pearls to the centre of some of the flower heads.
and now for my new view/item
Hubby has been away on a school trip for the last 3 weeks and whilst he was away I took the opportunity to partially empty my craft room and reorganise. I found this rack on a recent trip to Ballarat.
I hope you find some time to join us at Unstampabelles this month.
#77: Decorate Something Wooden
Twist – get messy with paints
I have created using wood but have left the twist of paints out. You still have time to join in here
I have upcycled a wooden box which once contained wood embellishments. I die cut 9 rolled flowers from a pack of “blue” cardstock which gives an ombre effect. Each flower fits nicely in each of the squares. It is only 10.5 cm square!. A little decoration for my craftroom
Until next time