Just popping in to share what I have been upto!
A little closer to the end for this bold and Stripy throw for my eldest daughter. The grey band (at the top) is the last colour and as of last night I think I’m around 20ish rows from the end. Hoping to finish soon so I can get on with some other knitting projects – perhaps finish my socks! This hasn’t been portable so have had to work on it in front of the tv. I must admit I am not looking forward to weaving in all those ends! It has been a good stash buster project though.
These next two photos are little dresses I have made up out of hubbies old work pants. The centre front and back seams are from the outside leg seams. The Butterick pattern 4108 has a seam centre front and back so using the pant seam made these even quicker to put together once I made the time!
I now have the pant tops, the part from waist to crotch, to deconstruct. If you have an idea on how to use those I’d like to know. At this stage I think I will be just saving the haberdashery for other projects.
I think these are heading for a new home with a charity. I used this pattern alot for my girls in all types of fabrics and there are no zips or buttons to fuss with. It was great to pair with tights/leggins and tshirts and jeans later on when the dress got a little short!
Some got a little brightened up with yoyos and buttons.
My aunt has requested some aprons for her grandchildren. I hope she likes these when I catch up with her.
Again this is a pattern I have been making up for years. It is from “My learn to sew book” I have had since I was a child in the 70’s. My cover is looking a little worse for wear.
Hubby and my eldest daughter were away for 7 days in the recent school holidays so it was the perfect time to tidy up my craft space. I moved furniture and re-organised my supplies. So my space is reasonably tidy until the next postage delivery! I do have a rather large pile of NBUS and to finish off/re-do projects.
Until next time