A challenge or two…


We are part way through the school holidays here.  Boy a week flies by so quickly.  Pity only another week before we are all back to our routines and sports.  Ms E and Mr M are still at uni though while Ms S and Ms A are home along with hubby.  When Ms E went to uni in Geelong yesterday the girls and I tagged along for a day trip to the arts and craft shops down there.  There are a few art supply shops within working distance of each other not to mention a Kaiser outlet on the drive into town from Uni.  I was rather restrained and only purchased 3 items not on my list!  Although I did top up Ms A’s craft stash.

Here are a couple of cards I have made.

For the current challenge at Scrapbook Boutique here


at Seize the Birthday here

no toppings for me this time

me up and away

I have used ME up and away and co ordinating dies coloured with alcohol markers.  The sponging and background cardstock are SU dapper denium. I used a piece of card board cut out as a stencil for my clouds.  The sentiment is from Papersmoches Hullabalo.

While I had the sponges out I created this card with PTI Tremendous treats



for the current challenge at Uniko here


Fantasy Stampers here



I needed a new book mark for book club so I created this one by colouring my stamp block with markers and stamping into the ink before stamping onto my paper.  By doing this I got a few variations of colour on each stamped image to replicate “fall” or autumn as we call it here in Australia.  I used images from SU Thoughtful branches and Jane’s Doodles Read all about it.  Even though I used greens, browns and orange markers the orange markers look pink in the photo above.  Trust me they are orange!

I have also began work on a HST quilt top. Will share that another day.

Until next time

Thanks for stopping




July Scrapbook Boutique challenge…


How time gets away.

Thanks for stopping today.

Today’s card I am linking up to the current challenge at Scrapbook Boutique here

And here is my card

SBB July 2015 4 (534x640)

I started by stamping Kaisercraft lace stamp using PTI aqua mist ink onto my cardstock. I stamped the images from Mama Elephant Up and Away in memento tuxedo black ink onto blending cardstock before colouring with various alcohol markers and cutting out with the co ordinating dies. Before I fixed the die cut images to the card front I added small flowers from the set in SU pink piroutte ink. I used the Mama Elephant stitched die from the basic set I ran it through a second time to make my rectangle smaller. Before adhering I added a small piece of SU Mint macaron dotted lace trim. The sentiment from Inspired be stamping small fancy labels 1 is stamped in SU smoky slate ink and punched using the designer label punch.

Hope you have a great weekend planned.



A little navy and yellow .


I am linking this card upto the current challenge at Scrapbook Boutique here


Loves rubber stamps #157 here – use a die cut

Loves Rubberstamps Blog Challenges


Through the craftroom door here – anything goes


A few of the DT at SBB used Teresa Collins Everyday Moments paper. Knowing I had some hoarded saved I have used a little of it here.

ME Waterblooms (527x640)

I stamped Mama Elephant Water blooms with SU Daffodil Delight ink onto my white card stock and die cut with my brand new NBUS stitched tag from Mama Elephant Basic Set. I also cut one from my patterned paper. The yellow patterned paper is also cut with a stitched die from the same set. I stamped the sentiment from (NBUS) Mama Elephant Up and Away in SU Night of Navy ink. I punched a hole and threaded some ribbon through and tied with twine. As a finishing touch I added a few sequins from my stash.

Now in all fairness it took me a few tries to get this together. First I tried heat embossing gold to find I was trying to emboss glitter! After blowing gold glitter all over the floor No 1 in the bin. Second attempt used the gold embossing powder and was not happy with the results. Bin again. Third and fourth attempts uneven stamping – yep the bin again. By now I was a little determined. So my card now complete has my Fifth and final attempt at getting an image.

Before I go I want to share this quilt I finished recently

black and yellow 1 (640x564)

I had a jelly roll I purchased a while ago in my fabric stash and added the yellow and cream stripes of the same width. I layed the pieces out until I was happy with the colour flow, stitched the rows together and then proceeded to complete with 50/50 cotton&bamboo batting.

I used a yellow fabric on the back which has a circle pattern along with the black stripe for interest and to get the width of the fabric needed to back the quilt.

black and yellow back (626x640)

I quilted in the ditch along the horizontal lines only. I finished the quilt with black binding.

The finished size is 132cm x 144cm

Thanks for stopping