I had the best of intentions of posting more frequently this year – well so far that has not been put into practice! I have been creating just not a lot of cards until this last week. Most of summer has been spent reading and knitting up some yarn which came my way for winter charity collections later in the year. Mostly baby jackets and beanies so far. Nice quick knits with very little seams. If you are interested in what I have made you can see them on my ravelry page here
I needed to get some card making mojo back so I searched for a sketch and found this one.
As a result I made the following 4 cards using different papers, shapes and images. A couple of the cards haven’t got sentiments. My colouring is a bit rusty. I used an aqua marker along with markers, ink pads and stampin up pastels to colour.
Over summer I have also found a little time to sew. These little ladies are always fun to make. I love looking through my fabric and choosing what each lady is going to “wear”!
This little guy is my first ever seahorse, pattern is Salty again by Ricracsews Jodie.
I will be making more of this guy!
Still on the plan (from January!) are alot more of Jodie’s patterns which I haven’t made up yet and a couple more quilts. And you do know that I have loads of stamps here that haven’t been inked up either from my Christmas purchases.
I do have a finished quilt to share but we need to gift if first!
Just popping in to share a couple of projects I have finished off this week.
another close up of the pattern
Miss A is very happy with it. Thankfully!
My next project was started and finished in the same week. Amazing!
I purchased Shelly Down’s Gingermelons Embroidered animals book a few months ago. I had wanted to try making a doll which was easy for a toddler or small child to carry around. This doll does fit the criteria. Next time I will alter the method a little as I felt there was far to much hand sewing of ears and limbs to the body – I’m sure the method can be tweaked to sew into the seams.
Here is my finished doll. She isn’t perfect. My embroidery is a little rusty and as mentioned above I will change how I sew her together next time.
The card I made for Miss S (13) to take to the party she went to on Saturday night.
At the moment the girls want me to make cards for their friends with the recipients name on it. Once the paper is selected these cards generally go together reasonably quickly and I am using bits from my scrap draw – although it still looks full to me!
I used the alphabet die from Quickutz and the sentiment is from Uniko Fontiments – birthday.